western civ bloge #6!

Hello, Reader, My name is Lane Miller, and today in western civ we got some introduction into ancient Greece, and all I can say is I am excited.

So Greece, it is very cool. Greece is a peninsula, land surrounded by water on three sides, The seas are Ionian, Adriatic, and aging.  this means they where always very close to water. This encouraged them to get very good at ship construction and sailing. the Greeks had some of the best merchant vessels and navy of the ancient world.

This close access to water also made them want to trade more. though trading Greece became exponentially wealthy and very respected.

The greek, government was made up of a lot of loosely united city-states. An analogy would be if people said, "oh I am a Marylander" before they said American. So the city-states where there for each other, but only sometimes.

So yea, I am very excited for this unit.


Comments

Popular Posts